Pedalmaniac

Monday, June 05, 2006

I'm Back (for now)

Well it has been a bad month for blogging, but it has also been a good month for everything else. I have been so busy there has been no time for typing.

There was the trip up to the interior with the kids, a six year old's birthday party, there was the Ripper 2 Super D race, there has been training for the Test of Metal and there has been some time off the bike recovering from a bit of a "procedure".

I guess some of the big news is that I am in the Test of Metal, a 67 Km mountain bike race in Squamish. It was touch and go for a while. The race sold out in a record 4 hours and 19 minutes. I registered 7 hours after the registration went live. Hmm, three hours too late -- I was 145th on the waiting list. Every couple of weeks updates were sent letting me know where I stood on the waiting list. Up until a month ago there was very little movement. I had resigned myself to the fact that I wasn't going to get in. And then, through some act of God I guess, 145 people were stuck by mysterious illnesses and broken bones, I wonder how that happened? Last week I received the email that I had jumped from 113 to 6th on the list. At that point I realised I had better do some training.

Before the "Test" is the 3rd Ripper. Up until now the Rippers have played a little bit to my strengths -- the first one was up and down (perfect for me -- I could climb!), the second race was down with some uphill (We got passed on the downhill but did caught a wack of teams on the uphill portions), this one is just gravity fed! And not "just" gravity fed -- gravity fed with tons of "tricks" for time bonuses. Jumps, skinny's, ladders and log rides -- oh and did I mention AT PACE!? Training Wednesday night.

So in the next couple of weeks I have to train for both a downhill race and a really long cross country race, could be ticky. There may not be time for blogging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home