Pedalmaniac

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Important Things

Well another year has passed.
Actually a big one.
Yes I turned 40 this week.
I'm not sure how I feel about it. On one hand I don't feel any different than when I was 30.
I know it sounds a bit cliche. I am still me. Just because I woke up on Tuesday and was 40 didn't mean things were going to be different.
I still ride daily.
I still play with and teach my kids daily.
I'm still pals with my wife daily.
So things haven't changed.
But on another level they have changed.
In the first 40 years I accomplished a lot -- I'm not bragging here . I raced bikes at a national level. I went to University, and got a couple of degrees. I was a ski bum. I got a job. I bought a house. I got married. I had kids. I'm sure there are a lot of other things that should be on that list -- but that is what I can think of right now.
Anyway the gist is I feel I have done a lot.
What do I have to look forward to in the next 40 years?
There will always be riding, my wife, my kids, my job (not necessarily in that order).
But what about the BIG stuff?
I guess it is time to make some goals.
Anyway, as a start I have signed up for the first Ripper of the season. April 29th on Mt. Fromme. I'm doing the up and the down. Should be fun. It's a start.
Live life in the now.
Peace

1 Comments:

  • Glad I am still a pal!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home