Pedalmaniac

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Rocky Mountain Solo CXD

Well it is cross season, whatever that means. Anyway, we decided we needed another bike in the house. I have been thinking for a while about a more road like commuter bike, my wife wants a bike she can get some exercise on so we opted for a "shared" cyclocross bike. I thought I'd post the photo quickly. I haven't seen anything about this version of the Rocky Mountain Solo CX. In 2007 Rocky Mountain only had the CX and the CXR. The 2007 CX had disk tabs on both ends, but it didn't have disk compatible wheels. I know all you UCI purists will say that "disks aren't legal in cyclocross" and that may be true, but the fact of the matter is that many of these bikes are being used for other things, like commuting. Many of the bike shops around here were building wheelsets for 80-90% of the CX's that were being sold. It makes sense that the 2008 version (pictured) comes with disks stock. Here's a link to a few more snaps of the 2008 CXD

I (we) will give a full review once we've ridden it a bit.

Oh btw, one thing to add to Fatty's justification for a bike , tell your wife "it's for both of us honey" (just kidding E.)

NOTE: I have a recent update to this post here

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • Glad you're enjoying your Solo.

    I actually work part-time at a shop in Newport, KY that sells Rocky Mountain.

    I've lived a car-free, year-round bike commuting lifestyle for some time now, and I decided to treat myself to a new commuter bike.

    I have another job that I ride 10 miles each way to, and ride a little over 6 miles each way to school.

    We ordered in a Solo CXD that just happened to be my size, so after a little more than a month of seeing it there in the shop I took her home yesterday.

    I'll soon be posting some pics of mine and some thoughts, but I wanted to let you know I appreciate your blogging about your recent addition.

    I'm fairly certain you and I might be two within only a handful who have this '08 CXD. At least that's what Google says. ;-)

    Stay safe out there...

    -Wes-

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:59 PM  

  • Thanks for the comment Wes. Congrats on your new addition. The bike is great, I'm sure you will be thrilled. Let me know when you post some pics.

    By Blogger pedalmaniac, at 6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home