Pedalmaniac

Friday, March 24, 2006

Single Parents

I have friends that are single parents.

I have always thought it is the toughest job in the world.

I have a wife and two kids. We can distribute the work.

Single parents can't

This week I have been a single parent. E. is on a business trip

She is excited about it. I am excited for her.

I was also excited because I get to spend uninterrupted time with the kids.

I had a plan, drive them to daycare and then ride the rest of the way to work.

I could get a few days of riding in, I'd be happier at night with a little exercise in me.

Only one day to heavily plan, Saturday.

Then one got sick.

All h*** broke out.

I had to miss a couple of days of work. Appointments to be rescheduled.

I was at home -- we were going stir crazy.

No riding -- I was getting anxious.

And then I realised "how often do I get to spend uninterrupted time with my son?"

Work will be there tomorrow, or the next day.

We have had some fun. Lots of puzzles. He's getting the hang of reading.

I haven't had much riding this week, but there will be other weeks.

I have always been told by parents of older kids "enjoy these days, while your kids are young"

I'm trying.

But I do have even more respect for the difficulties single parents have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home